Top performers look for positions that reflect their expertise and commitment. It’s become harder to keep top talent around but the good news is, the right benefits can go a long way for increasing retention. Flexibility is at the top of most wanted benefits and in this article, we’ll discuss how you can fit this perk into your workplace:Use a Variety of Feedback Methods
Did you know that 43% of highly engaged employees receive feedback at least once a week? The majority of employees want more feedback and they want it in a variety of ways. Too many organizations leave feedback to annual performance reviews. Here are some ways to break the mold and better communicate with your employees:
- Make sure employees have regular 1-on-1 sessions with their managers.
- Hold monthly departmental meetings with status updates, plans, and time for questions and answers.
- Allow employees to submit ideas for office improvement via surveys.
- Nip rumors in the bud by communicating changes in your business as quickly as possible.
- Make sure collaborative spaces such as break rooms and conference areas are kept neat and organized. You do want to encourage people to use them, after all!
While you may feel that your office encourages a work-life balance, your workforce may not believe it until you tell them. Employees should know that their business expects them to go above and beyond without sacrificing their health and well-being. Flexibility comes into play here. Flex times, remote work, and paid time off are all great ways to make employees feel taken care of while boosting productivity. They’re also some of the top benefits desired by top talent!Review Current Policies
If it’s been awhile since you gave company policies a solid review, it’s time to dust them off and update them. To keep employees involved, establish an employee council compromised of members from each department. This council can work with HR to refresh vacation policies, training programs, company events, and retention programs. Updating your policies has the added benefit of making your company more attractive to top talent as well!
Now it’s time to get your office in gear with updated furniture. Whether you’re hunting for new or pre-owned pieces, you’ll find exactly what you need at Office Furniture Loft!